The Government Distributed 3.26 Million Tons of Palm Cooking Oil in 2023

palm oil magazine
Minister of Trade, Zulkifli Hasan, highlights his accomplishments in the implementation of the palm cooking oil distribution program. Photo by: Ministry of Trade

PALMOILMAGAZINE, JAKARTA – Minister of Trade, Zulkifli Hasan, highlights his accomplishments in the implementation of the palm cooking oil distribution program, a directive from President Joko Widodo aimed at ensuring a stable supply and pricing. In 2023, the program successfully distributed approximately 3.26 million tons of palm cooking oil to the public.

The distribution breakdown revealed that 64% of the palm cooking oil was supplied in bulk, while the remaining 36% carried the Minyakita brand. This allocation served the needs of numerous producers and packaging industries across all 34 provinces in 2023.

Read More

In an official statement provided to Palmoilmagazine.com on Thursday (5/1/2024), Zulkifli Hasan emphasized that maintaining a stable price for palm cooking oil, along with other essential daily commodities, played a pivotal role in mitigating the impact of global geopolitical situations and inflation on the domestic economy.

Also Read: 

The commitment of Ministry of Trade to maintain price stability and supply of daily needs was meant by directly existing in the markets, intensively monitoring the market price in 2023. It was running through Sistem Pemantauan Pasar dan Kebutuhan Pokok (SP2KP) that covered 679 markets in 503 districts and cities.

In rice commodity, the ministry was in cooperation with Badan Pangan Nasional and Perum Bulog to accelerate rice distribution in Stabilisasi Pasokan dan Harga Pangan (SPHP). The coordination with regional governments was about to confirm daily needs – transportation thrugh regional budget. (T2)

Follow the Whatsapp channel "Palm Oil Magazine News Update", click the link PalmoilMagazine News Update | or you can follow Telegram "PalmOilMagazine", click the link PalmOilMagazine

FOLLOW MORE NEWS AT GOOGLE NEWS.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *