District of Paser Initiatives to Promote Independent Smallholders in ISPO Implementation

palm oil magazine
Doc. Palmoilmagazine.com / In East Kalimantan Province, the District of Paser has allocated approximately 398,945 hectares for palm oil plantations, as outlined in the Regional Spatial Plan.

PALMOILMAGAZINE, JAKARTA – In East Kalimantan Province, the District of Paser has allocated approximately 398,945 hectares for palm oil plantations, as outlined in the Regional Spatial Plan. In the year 2020, of these allocated lands, 215,614.60 hectares were actively developed for various plantations, predominantly palm oil, which accounted for 201,168.42 hectares or 93.3%. The remaining 6.7% was designated for other crops such as rubber, coffee, coconut, and more.

Read More

In the following year, 2021/2022, independent smallholders in the District of Paser managed palm oil plantations spanning around 80,703.70 hectares. To enhance their livelihoods and overall quality of life, the District of Paser extended its support to the Indonesian Sustainable Palm Oil (ISPO) certification program.

Regent of Paser, Fahmi Fadli said, the Regulation of Regent of Paser about Regional Action Plan Sustainable Palm Oil or Rencana Aksi Daerah Kelapa Sawit Berkelanjutan (RAD-KSB) Number 46 / 2023 encouraged to obey other regulations that cover legal, and cultivation for every planter, location of plantations, area conflict, compensation, and others, business legal, and obligation to environment permit. It also regulates about GAP that covers planters’ organizations and cultivation.

Also Read : 

Fadli thought, environment management covers fire prevention and control, biodiversity conservation, and transparency implementation that covers FFB price agreement, and providing data and information. These would lead to sustainable business that covers increasing performance to support sustainable palm oil.

That is why to realize sustainable plantations, District of Paser implemented some strategies, such as, replanting program that covered more than 7.435 hectares that spent about Rp 190 billion in 2017 to 2023 that Palm Oil Plantation Fund Management Agency (PFMA) supported.

The others are, encouraging plantation infrastructure enhancement, partnership between companies and smallholders, getting cooperation with NGO, foundation, and plantation cooperation to empower independent smallholders to escalate their plantation production.

Fahmi continued, there is a program to deliver solution about plantation status and area legal by publishing smallholders’ palm oil plantation ownership by synergizing the acceleration program PTSL and National Land Agency District of Paser, proposing enclave/to substitute regional spatial plans to Province of East Kalimantan and central government. (*)

Follow the Whatsapp channel "Palm Oil Magazine News Update", click the link PalmoilMagazine News Update | or you can follow Telegram "PalmOilMagazine", click the link PalmOilMagazine

FOLLOW MORE NEWS AT GOOGLE NEWS.

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *